Busch Stadium - Paul McCartney Returns!

Your place for everything about the St. Louis Cardinals.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Busch Stadium - Paul McCartney Returns!

Postby chevyman58 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:25 pm

Playing his first area show since 2012, Paul will join the Gateway City celebrating the 50th anniversary of The Beatles’ play at the hallowed ground of the old Busch Stadium.

Tickets on sale Friday, April 15 at 10am CST

Sunday 8/21/66 8:30PM

After performing a concert in Cincinnati at midday, The Beatles flew to St Louis where they performed one show at 8.30pm.

The concert took place at the Busch Stadium, and was seen by 23,000 people. The support acts were The Remains, Bobby Hebb, The Cyrkle and The Ronettes. The show took place in heavy rain, with a makeshift shelter over the stage to protect the musicians, although water still dripped onto the amplifiers. It was this incident which finally convinced Paul McCartney that The Beatles should cease touring.

McCartney: "It rained quite heavily, and they put bits of corrugated iron over the stage, so it felt like the worst little gig we'd ever played at even before we'd started as a band. We were having to worry about the rain getting in the amps and this took us right back to the Cavern days - it was worse than those early days. And I don't even think the house was full. After the gig I remember us getting in a big, empty steel-lined wagon, like a removal van. There was no furniture in there – nothing. We were sliding around trying to hold on to something, and at that moment everyone said, 'Oh, this bloody touring lark - I've had it up to here, man.' I finally agreed. I'd been trying to say, 'Ah, touring's good and it keeps us sharp. We need touring, and musicians need to play. Keep music live.' I had held on that attitude when there were doubts, but finally I agreed with them".

The Beatles' standard set during their final tour consisted of 11 songs: Rock And Roll Music, She's A Woman, If I Needed Someone, Day Tripper, Baby's In Black, I Feel Fine, Yesterday, I Wanna Be Your Man, Nowhere Man, Paperback Writer and I'm Down. During the tour they occasionally substituted the final song with Long Tall Sally.

ImageImage

chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Re: Busch Stadium - Paul McCartney Returns!

Postby chevyman58 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:59 pm

If ever there was a case for more concerts downtown at Busch Stadium, it was the magical night of music that was Paul McCartney’s sold-out concert Saturday night.

That's just how perfectly the evening went from the choice of artist to the setting to the weather, making for a memorable night for the 41,000 fans packed into the venue.

McCartney’s “One On One” tour, the fastest-selling concert in the history of Busch Stadium, was a parade of some of music’s most treasured songs hand-delivered by one of the masters.

McCartney walked out on stage at the top of the show with his guitar held high above his head in a triumphant pose before kicking off the night with “A Hard Day's Night.” There was so much more to come during the show that ran well over two hours in its offering of 38 songs. Material from the Beatles continue pulsating with life, and numbered over 20 songs in the concert.

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/m ... 6adf0.html
ChrisCark
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Re: Busch Stadium - Paul McCartney Returns!

Postby ChrisCark » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:04 am

chevymean58 wrote:If ever there was a case for more concerts downtown at Busch Stadium, it was the magical night of music that was Paul McCartney’s sold-out concert Saturday night.

That's just how perfectly the evening went from the https://www.grosseteste.com/bathmate-x40-review-results new Bathmate X40 choice of artist to the setting to the weather, making for a memorable night for the 41,000 fans packed into the venue.

I wish I could have gone to this, I heard it was a great concert.

Return to “St. Louis Cardinals”